This creamy lemon pasta is velvety, rich, and flavorful. Gigli pasta holds the sauce perfectly and steamed broccoli rounds out the meal. It all comes together in 20 minutes and is easily adaptable!
Creamy Lemon Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups savory cashew cream*
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb Gigli Pasta
- 1 head broccoli, washed and chopped
- Make the sauce by adding the savory cashew cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, red chili flakes, salt and pepper to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- In a large pot with generously salted water, cook your pasta according to the ‘al dente’ instructions. Save about 1/2 cup water if you want to thin out your sauce.
- While the pasta cooks, in a skillet on medium high heat add 1/2 inch water to the pan. Add in the broccoli and cover with a lid. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the broccoli turns bright green. It should be slightly crunchy. Drain and rinse briefly with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- After draining the pasta, add it back into the pot. Add the steamed broccoli and the lemon cream sauce. If you reserved any pasta water, now is the time to add it. Cook on low just until everything is warm and then serve immediately!
*if you don’t have savory cashew cream pre-made, you can just add 1 cup soaked cashews, 1/2 cup water, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder to the blender to start. Then add the rest of the sauce ingredients (doubling up on the lemon and nutritional yeast).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegan, creamy lemon pasta