It’s rich, flavorful, and made with only four main ingredients! This creamy pesto gnocchi is the best kind of meal – easy, delicious, and comforting. You’ll be dreaming of Italy and saying MMPH after each bite. Enjoy!
- 1 – 12oz package of Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 1 plant based sausage (we used Field Roast)
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup Savory Cashew Cream
- 1/2 cup of pesto (half of the Trader Joe’s 8 oz container)
- Cook the Gnocchi – Preheat the oven to 425. Place the cauliflower gnocchi on a parchment lined tray. Bake for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through. (If you aren’t using Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi, just cook it according to the instructions)
- Cook the Sausage – Cut the sausage into round slices. In a large pan on medium-low heat, add the sausage, balsamic vinegar, and the tamari. Toss them all together and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, mixing occasionally. Remove the sausage from the pan.
- Make the Creamy Pesto – Add the pesto and cashew cream to the pan on medium-low heat. Whisk them together. Add in the cooked gnocchi and sausage. Heat for about 5 minutes until everything is warm
- Serve it up – Optional toppings include: vegan parmesan, extra cashew cream, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
* For extra smooth pesto sauce, add the pesto and cashew cream to a blender first. Blend until smooth, then add into the pan to heat.
* If you don’t have tamari or balsamic vinegar, you can omit. They just add that little extra flavor boost.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegan, pasta, creamy, pesto, gnocchi