Oh man, this creamy pumpkin risotto is just something else. It is gluten free, vegan, no oil, and has such a depth of flavor that you’ll be scrapping the pot clean. It is the definition of fall comfort food. This flavor combo will ✨WOW✨ you and the creaminess from JEM Pistachio Ginseng Cashew butter is unmatched. You need to try this nut butter flavor!! It is spectacular and pairs with both savory and sweet. All JEM products are certified organic, made with sprouted nuts, don’t contain palm oil or fillers, and use cool adaptogenic ingredients like ginseng & maca!!
Risotto Fear No Mo
For some reason, risotto seems scary to make. Not sure why but it’s just one of those universal fears. Don’t fret! We’re here to help you conquer the shit outta it. This is EASY to make! It is all one pot which is an absolute win in our book. As long as you know how to measure and mix, you’ll be eating a dreamy, creamy rice dish in no time.
Ok let’s get to making this creamy pumpkin pistachio risotto!Print
Creamy Pumpkin Pistachio Risotto
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Diet: Vegan
Creamy, dreamy and with a depth of flavor… it is confirmed that you’ll be licking the bowl clean. Enjoy this comforting, vegan risotto made with no oil! Topped with all the yummy goodness of balsamic mushrooms, crushed pistachios, and vegan parm!
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 3–4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup @jemorganics Pistachio Ginseng Cashew Butter
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- crushed pistachios, topping
- vegan parmesan, topping
- Balsamic Mushrooms, optional topping
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce (tamari if gluten free)
- Splash of white wine
- Place a small amount of water or broth in a non-stick pan on med/high heat. You can also use 1-2 tsp olive oil if you prefer.
- Once the pan is hot, add the onions and garlic.
- Sauté until translucent and fragrant, about 3-5 mins.
- Add the rice and mix for 1 min.
- Lower the heat to med/low and add the white wine.
- Mix until most of the wine has cooked off.
- In a separate bowl or liquid measuring cup, mix the vegetable broth and pumpkin purée.
- Begin to add about ¼-½ cup of liquid at a time to the rice. Keep it at a low simmer and stir frequently to prevent sticking. Only add more liquid once the previous amount has been absorbed.
- Continue this process until you’ve used up all the broth/pumpkin mixture. It will take about 30-35 mins. You can taste the rice to make sure it is cooked through– it should be al dente (slightly undercooked).
- Lower the heat and fold in the JEM pistachio ginseng cashew butter, dried thyme, ginger, salt & pepper.
- Serve with crushed pistachios, vegan parmesan, and balsamic mushrooms
- Chop mushrooms.
- Add to a non-stick pan on med/high heat. (Use olive oil if preferred)
- Cook for 10-12 mins or until all their liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and soy sauce and mix to coat all the mushrooms.
- Let them cook without mixing until they begin to sizzle. Then add a splash of white wine (water, or broth) to deglaze them.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
Keywords: pumpkin, pumpkin risotto, creamy, comfort food