A creamy white bean soup that has robust flavor, balanced perfectly with fresh herbs and zesty lemon. There is no better cozy weeknight meal! We really can’t stop making this simple dinner, especially when we have a crusty Italian loaf asking for it.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning (or dried thyme)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 – 15.5 oz cans of cannellini beans, with liquid
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth (or use vegan bouillon)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, about 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, optional
- Chop the shallots and garlic.
- In a large pot on medium heat, add the olive oil and heat until shimmering.
- Add the shallots. Cook for 1 minute and then add the garlic. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook for for 1-2 minutes or until they start to lightly brown, stirring frequently.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and stir so they are coated in the olive oil.
- Add in the poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook for 12-14 minutes, or until the tomatoes begin to burst when lightly pressed with the back of a spoon.
- Add in the beans with their liquid and the vegetable broth.
- Bring the soup to a simmer (lid on), then cook uncovered for 10-15 minutes.
- Finally add in the tahini, dill, parsley, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with a crusty piece of Italian bread!
Feel free to add in a leafy green, like kale or spinach, during the last step! “Great way to get in your greens” – probably your mom.
Store in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Freeze for up to a month.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan, white beans. broth, herby, soup, dinner, plant based, healthy