YOOOOOOooo. Stop right now and start mashing a banana. This gluten free and vegan pumpkin banana bread is next level. Filled with all the warm, cozy spices and stuffed with rich chocolate… it’s the perfect treat. We usually make it as a dessert but, without fail, we finish it the next morning while sipping some coffee. It makes the house smell incredible and sets you up to be happy af all day, woohoo! You just can’t lose when you make it!!
Pumpkin Awareness Month
Here’s a quick story about why we created this recipe. We didn’t want to! it just happened (thankfully). So our dear dad is constantly buying a crazy amount of bananas (that we usually will eat) but sometimes they all ripen at once. As a result, an absolute panic sets in. People start whispering around the house “ooo maybe someone will make a banana bread.” Of course, that “someone” is us. This time, our dad bought an insane amount of pumpkin puree from Costco (his favorite place). It is a disgusting amount for one family to consume. So much so, that he was embarrased about his purchase. To solve this ridiculous problem he labeled this month as “pumpkin awareness month” which basically means we have to incorporate pumpkin into every meal possible. It’s tough out here in VV HQ.
Lucky for you, this once boring banana bread got an extravagant upgrade and is now a ~festive~ vegan and gluten free pumpkin banana bread. The ingredients are simple & healthy. There is no oil, no refined sugar, & no refined flour. LIKE ok health. The taste is spot on and the moist, soft texture is *chefs kiss*
Quick and Easy Method for a Bomb Pumpkin Banana Bread
The method is super easy! Using all of 2 bowls, the prep can be done in under 15 minutes…
- Make the flax egg
- Combine the dry ingredients
- Combine the wet ingredients
- Mix it all together & fold in the chocolate chips
- Pop in it in the oven and get pumped for the delicious smells to take over
Certainly make sure to have it with a glass of milk or some frothy coffee! We’ll be making this decadent chocolate chip pumpkin banana bread allllll through the winter. Can we get a hell yeah for hibernation szn 🙂Print
Decadent & Rich Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
Moist, fluffy, & delightful. This gluten-free banana bread is the perfect dessert or breakfast. With no oil, and no-refined sugar or flour, it’s a healthy and scrumptious treat that will have your house smelling divine. No regrets with this one!
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour blend (we use King Arthur’s )
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 Large ripe bananas (use 4 if they are tiny)
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 2/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1–1.5 cups of chocolate chips (tbh we didn’t measure and dumped a lot in, so use your intuition here ????)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Whisk together the water and flax meal, set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients: oat flour, gluten free flour, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, nutmeg, baking powder, & baking soda
- In a large bowl mash the bananas. Then add the flax mixture, nut milk, apple sauce, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract. Mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the batter in a parchment lined loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then get after it.
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 60
- Category: Dessert/Breakfast
Keywords: banana bread, vegan, gluten free, pumpkin, chocolate chip
Want more pumpkin recipes during “pumpkin awareness month”?? Check out these cupcakes on our insta feed that absolutely SLAPPPP. All in all, Pumpkin Awareness Month has been a success so far.