Moist, fluffy, & delightful. This gluten-free banana bread is the perfect dessert or breakfast. With no oil, and no-refined sugar or flour, it’s a healthy and scrumptious treat that will have your house smelling divine. No regrets with this one!
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour blend (we use King Arthur’s )
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 Large ripe bananas (use 4 if they are tiny)
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 2/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1–1.5 cups of chocolate chips (tbh we didn’t measure and dumped a lot in, so use your intuition here ????)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Whisk together the water and flax meal, set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients: oat flour, gluten free flour, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, nutmeg, baking powder, & baking soda
- In a large bowl mash the bananas. Then add the flax mixture, nut milk, apple sauce, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract. Mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the batter in a parchment lined loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then get after it.
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 60
- Category: Dessert/Breakfast
Keywords: banana bread, vegan, gluten free, pumpkin, chocolate chip