This recipe is 100% a fricken GAME CHANGER. It’s time to level up your mac and cheese with a cheesy white alfredo sauce and bring some extra heat with vegan buffalo chik’n pieces tossed in buffalo sauce. Comfort food to the MAX while also being gluten free, vegan, and down-right heart warming. OKKK say less and bring on all the cheesy, cozy vibes this meal is serving up.
Why we love this recipe
Such an easy recipe to make. Barely any clean up (we love that) and pretty hands off besides the occasional mixy mix which is fun bc #cheesy. One pot recipes just hit different. It will bring you nostalgic feelings of your mom making a big pot of boxed mac and cheese, except now it got an upgrade!! Any one else remember the Spongebob boxed mac and cheese?? Ok same.
Vegan cheeses, plant-based chick’n, and gluten free pastas have tremendously improved over the years. There are SO many good ones out there now but here are some of our favs that we like to use for this recipe.
- Pasta: Banza or Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Brown Rice Quinoa Pasta
- Cheese: Field Roast Chao Cheese, Vevan Foods Mozzerella (Violife and Daiya are also great)
- Chick’n: Daring Foods or Gardien
Do yourself a favor and make this delish alfredo mac and eat it on the couch while you binge watch OTH.Print
One Pot Buffalo Chik’n Alfredo Mac
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This delicious, cheesy, plant-based mac & chz is our favorite comfort food. It is so creamy, cozy, and flavorful. It is gluten-free, vegan, and a 11/10.
- 6 cups of water
- 1 lb of Trader Joes gluten free quinoa pasta (can use your favorite pasta)
- 1 tbsp Dijon
- 1/2 tbsp white miso
- 1 tsp veggie bouillon
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 7 slices of vegan cheese (we used a mix of @fieldroast Chao and @vevan.foods vegan mozzarella)
- 2 tsp garlic
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp Franks Red Hot
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Mix together the water, pasta, dijon, miso and veggie bouillon in the pot. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, take the cover off and turn heat down to medium. Add the garlic, pepper, and salt and mix occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced cheese next and stir occasionally until most of the water is absorbed (about 6 more minutes) **
- Turn off the heat and add the hot sauce and lemon juice.
- Cover and let sit for 5-10 minutes so it sets and congeals together. CONGEAL!
Buffalo Chick’n Method
- Cook the Plant Based Chick’n according to instructions (we used @daringfoods and baked it in the oven)
- Toss in @franksredhot hot sauce.
- Put on top of Mac!
- Add more Hot Sauce on top of it all WOO!
**depending on the type of pasta you may need to cook for more time. You’ll know when it’s ready by when most of the water is absorbed
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Dinner
- Method: One Pot
Keywords: mac and cheese, buffalo chick’n, hot sauce
A WordPress Commenter
Hi, this is a comment.
To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.