Indulge in the perfect southern-inspired Peach Cobbler Cake. Moist vanilla biscuit meets caramelized peaches in this surprisingly easy-to-make dessert.
- 1 large peach
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven and prepare the pan: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a 9-inch pie pan, line the bottom with parchment paper cut into a circle. Use coconut oil or cooking sprat to grease the edges of the pan.
- Slice the peach: Slice the peach by cutting it like an avocado, through the pit. Then cut thin slices from the center and place them in a medium-sized bowl.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg: In a small bowl, melt 2 tablespoons of butter by microwaving in 10 second increments until just melted. Add packed brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg and whisk to combine.
- Pour the mixture over the peaches and arrange in the pan: Pour the brown sugar mixture over the peaches. Stir until they’re fully coated. Beginning on the outer edge of the pan, place the peach slices one by one, facing the same direction and overlapping slightly. Continue with the inner circle until the bottom of the pan is covered and no peach slices remain.
- Prepare the vegan buttermilk: In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the almond milk with the apple cider vinegar. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine the dry ingredients: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Combine the wet ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugar for about 1 minute, or until creamed. Add the coconut yogurt and vanilla extract and whisk until combined.
- Add the buttermilk and flour to the wet ingredients: Add half of the buttermilk and half of the flour mixture to the large bowl with the wet ingredients. Use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to mix until just combined. Add in the remaining buttermilk and flour mixture. Again, mix until just combined. Note, the batter will be thick, almost dough-like.
- Add batter to the pan: Carefully plop the batter onto the arranged peaches in the pan. Spread it out evenly so all the peaches are covered and use a spatula to smooth out the top.
- Bake: Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out completely clean from the center.