Delicious, decadent, creamy pasta dish that will wow even your Italian nonna. It’s the perfect fresh pasta dinner that you’ll want to make again and again!
- 1/2 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil*
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Savory Cashew Cream
- 1/4 cup vodka**
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- vegan parmesan
- red pepper flakes
- fresh basil or parsley
- Cook the rigatoni according to the ‘al dente’ instructions on the package.
- While the pasta cooks, start making the sauce. In a pan on medium heat, add olive oil. Once the oil is shimmering, add the tomatoes and garlic to the pan. Mix them around to coat then in oil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Start to gently burst the tomatoes using the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Once all the tomatoes are bursted, mix in the tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes. Next add in the cashew cream, vodka, and broth. Simmer for another 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, until the vodka is cooked off.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and mix! Serve warm and top with your favorites!
* can use water if you want to skip the oil
** can replace the vodka with vegetable broth!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan, cashew cream, cream sauce, rigatoni, pasta, vodka