Don’t say it, don’t say it, don’t say…..MOIST. Shoot. Yes it’s moist and it’s so freaking scrumptious. This lemon blueberry loaf cake is next level delicious and very easy to make. It will have your tastebuds dancing back and forth between sweet and tart and that’s a mouth experience you don’t want to miss.
Why should I make this?
Why?? How dare you even ask. Just kidding, I know I’m the one writing this. But to answer my own question, not only is this the perfect dessert for a late summer night, it also makes for a heavenly breakfast – it’s loaded with blueberries and anything with fruit equals breakfast in our book. It only takes twenty minutes to mix it all up and pop it in the oven, then you can sit back, relax, and watch it rise to perfection – if you’re into staring directly into your oven for one hour. As you pour the creamy glaze over the loaf, your guests (maybe invite someone over?) will start whispering, “Where’d she get her culinary degree?” Talk of the town, talk of the town. So grab yourself an iced coffee (no, no I’m definitely not addicted) and get to it.
- Measure your flour correctly! Use a spoon to scoop the flour from the bag into the measuring cup, then glide a knife across the top to flatten it. Don’t use the measuring cup to scoop the flour from the bag – that will result in too much flour and a dry cake. We’re all about moist in this bish.
- Don’t over-mix! Over mixing results in a dense cake. We want light and airy. Fold the ingredients in until just combined. Even if you still see flour specks, that’s ok!
- Gluten Free? We haven’t tried this cake with a gluten free flour so can’t say for sure, but a 1:1 gluten free flour mix like this should work.
Lemon Blueberry Cake with Coconut Glaze
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Diet: Vegan
A heavenly cake bursting with fresh blueberries and bright lemon. This is our favorite cake to make in the summer time – light, fresh, and absolutely delightful.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Kokada classic or almond butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (we used soy)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 5×9 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Whisk the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Measure the flour by scooping it into a measuring cup and leveling it off using a knife.
3. Whisk together the wet ingredients – Kokada classic or almond butter, olive oil, soy milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry mix. Fold together using a spatula or wooden spoon until just combined.
5. Add in the blueberries, saving a handful for the top. Mix until just combined.
6. Pour the batter into the parchment lined loaf pan.
7. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries on top.
8. Bake for 60-65 minutes.
9. While the cake is baking, make the glaze by whisking all of the ingredients together.
10. Allow the cake to cool slightly, then pour the glaze and enjoy. Add an extra drizzle of Kokada for more natural coconut sweetness!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 60
- Category: cake
- Method: bake
Keywords: vegan, lemon, blueberry, cake