A heavenly cake bursting with fresh blueberries and bright lemon. This is our favorite cake to make in the summer time – light, fresh, and absolutely delightful.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Kokada classic or almond butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (we used soy)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 5×9 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Whisk the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Measure the flour by scooping it into a measuring cup and leveling it off using a knife.
3. Whisk together the wet ingredients – Kokada classic or almond butter, olive oil, soy milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry mix. Fold together using a spatula or wooden spoon until just combined.
5. Add in the blueberries, saving a handful for the top. Mix until just combined.
6. Pour the batter into the parchment lined loaf pan.
7. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries on top.
8. Bake for 60-65 minutes.
9. While the cake is baking, make the glaze by whisking all of the ingredients together.
10. Allow the cake to cool slightly, then pour the glaze and enjoy. Add an extra drizzle of Kokada for more natural coconut sweetness!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 60
- Category: cake
- Method: bake
Keywords: vegan, lemon, blueberry, cake